21/04/2010

Blossom hits the bottle!

So the time has come to introduce a bottle to Miss Blossom. She is exclusively breastfed but I cannot deny I was looking forward to giving the girls (Salutes the boobs) a well earned break. Plus I have a hen night to go to in May and a wedding in June so the bottle will need to be established by then so that I can have a jolly (ahem I mean a break!)

I am lucky enough to have been sent some bottles from BABYBORNFREE to review.

I have reviewed their toddler cups before HERE where I have commented on the use of BPA chemicals in infant cups and feel passionate about the Baby Born Free product. You can read more about BPA in this fantastic post written by MUMMYTIPS. It makes extremely interesting reading and I have certainly had my eyes opened to what goes into our infant feeder cups and bottles since researching the subject on the internet. They have banned the use of these chemicals in infant bottles and cups in Denmark, hopefully it will also happen here, but until then we need to make an informed decision as to what products we use.

So, I expressed the milk and being the control freak that I am decided that I wanted to give her her first bottle! Which is bonkers as it kind of defeated the whole aspect of me having a break but there you go. I wrapped myself in the Husbands dressing gown to hide my milk smell and got on with it. I have to say I wasn't sure how she would take to it as the bottles teats aren't particularly nipple like. But she took the bottle no problem!

Success. She took no exception to the teat and had no sign of gas afterwards, I was chuffed and she was full! Happy days!

I'll continue to use these bottles for Blossom, and Monty continues to use the cups. And I am happy in the knowledge that they are BPA free.

So to the hen night I shall go, leaving my Husband with a freezer full of my house white!

They are available from Boots,Mothercare and amazon.
Prices start at £12.99 for two 5oz bottles.

*I may have scarred Monty for life, he saw me expressing and eyes wide said :

"MUMMY! WHAT.ARE.YOU.DOOOOOOOING???"

hmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Blossom took to the bottle well. Poor Monty though!

    I've tagged you in a meme over at my blog http://b4kersgirl.wordpress.com/2010/04/27/whats-in-your-bag/
    Check it out and give it a go if you fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Blossom! I offered expressed milk to my twins from about 8 weeks. Not every day, maybe a few times a week. I was also concerned about BPA and bought glass Evenflo bottles when I was visiting home (Canada) when I was pregnant. BPA is banned there too. Avent refunded without receipt anyone who returned their bottles. Hopefully it is banned in the UK and all of Europe too. Sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete