15/01/2010

10 best things in life (that also happen to cost zilch)

I was tagged over by the brilliant blog that is MELLOW MUMMY to think about ten of my most favourite things in life that are free.


1.
Walking, I walked loads when I was pregnant with Monty, and this pregnancy has scuppered those repeated plans as have had a terrible back and am now suffering with the widening of my pelvis, so walking hurts. I miss it. I have a Labrador that needs exercise, and a family that loves fresh air. I live by the sea, and the South Downs and so hope as soon as Pickle is born, things settle down, James completes his Sergeants exam and I finish my college course (phew! I know tall order) then we will get back to our long family walks in time to enjoy the spring weather.

2.
Smiling. In the words of Buddy in the film Elf ''I love smiling, it's my favourite.''
I love that feeling of passing on a smile, whether it's an old lady at the post office or another Mum with a buggy at the park. Try it, if someone smiles at you, smile back, and make damned sure you then smile at someone else, kind of like a smile chain letter? Nice! This world can be a miserable place, lets try to cheer it up a little eh?

3.
The seasons. My bedroom is south facing so the light is always really good, and we overlook a junction of another road, so our tree lined street meets another. It's lovely to look out the window at different times of year and see the changing weather, the blossoms on the trees in the sping, that bright glaring sun in the summer, the reddening leaves int he autumn and then of course the bare branches and even snow covered branches recently in the winter. Lovely.

4.
Baby farts! Ever since Monty was born his bodily pumps and now his full blown bum guffs crack me up! Fact!

which leads me onto

5.
Laughter, no one makes me laugh more than James and Monty. I love that satisfying belly laugh, or something that makes you laugh until you cry, tears rolling down your face.

6.
My Nan and Grandad, or BobBobs and DeeDee and Monty calls them. They are beautiful people with wonderful kind hearts. I adore them. And loving your family costs nothing!

7.
Watching my boy grow, he changes before my eyes and I daily take a moment to stop and stare as he says things, does things that are new and exciting.

8.
Day dreams and memory lane, James and I love to remember our last eight years together, it's gone so fast and our lives have changed so much. And we also love to day dream about our future, who knows what it will hold!

9.
Rainy afternoons stuck inside, I know mad aren't I? I used to hate these exact afternoons but as Monty gets older, he's more 'company' like a little buddy, and I love to snuggle up on the sofa and watch The Jungle Book (again) Or paint, or play with play dough or read or...you get the idea!


10. My family, my gang, my tribe, the three soon to become four of us. Technically not free....but the love is so I think this one still counts?


So have a go, ( sorry if you've already been tagged

SOPH4SOPH
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY
LIFE WITH A LITTLE DUDE
CLAIRE LANCASTER
AND KELLYS HIDING PLACE

3 comments:

  1. Number 2 is my favourite! Smiles cost nothing but bring so much happiness - they can make a difference to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you. I shall have to copy as some of these are too good. Tsssk ... you could have left some for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can deffo's have walking as we share that love for putting one foot in front of the other vibe, shame it's bloody agony for me at the moment :-(

    ReplyDelete